A Positive Digital Future: You Can Be the Engine of Change
2 mins read
The G20 nations have the power to build a digital foundation that facilities and sustains resilient societies, competitive markets, innovative businesses, and inclusive communities - all at once.
In today’s world, challenges such as climate change, food insecurity, economic recession, and financial inclusion are all interconnected. The world is falling behind on the Sustainable Development Goals, limiting individuals’ and communities’ opportunities, and even putting them unnecessarily at risk.
A better future is achievable by developing digital public infrastructure that is accessible to and inclusive of everyone and designed to serve the public good, improving livelihoods, enabling immediate crisis response, and creating a conducive environment for societies and markets to maximize opportunities across sectors.
Just as roads and bridges are the foundation for trade and economic growth in the analog world, digital payment systems, seamless digital identity formats and secure data exchange platforms are essential for creating resilient and inclusive societies fit for the digital age.
This is the power of digital public infrastructure:
- Competitive markets: creating the level playing field that economic growth requires.
- Innovation: fostering exchange between innovators through instant communication and knowledge exchange.
- Climate resilience: mitigating the impact of extreme weather events through data-led early warning systems and immediate crisis response through rapid digital payments.
- Inclusion: allowing unbanked individuals to participate in the formal economy, opening doors to support marginalized communities, and reduce discrimination.
The Digital Impact Alliance calls on all G20 governments to follow in the footsteps of global digital leaders around the world and build the digital foundations needed in order to maximize competitive markets and bolster inclusion of all individuals and communities.
- Learn more about What Is Good Digital Public Infrastructure?
Explore the resources and technologies that can help you implement your Digital Public Infrastructure via the Digital Impact Exchange.
- Join the global movement to advance government digital transformation with GovStack.